One of the most significant pre-wedding events is the Sangeet. This is a celebration of coming together of the two families in the amalgamation of their children. The ceremony offers break from all the frantic significance of the wedding preparations. Women of the family gather several days before the wedding day with spoons and dolaks, encircle the bride and sing customary wedding songs. Songs range from about everyday life of women to teasing the bride about her imminent wedding and her groom. There would be dancing as well, with the women of the household dancing away together with the bride taking part with gusto. Earlier, it used to last for a few days, but these days it mostly last for a day, and at times one evening.
When it comes to planning a sangeet, the sky is the limit. There are no set rules and you can empty out all your bridal dreams if you have a lenient budget. The clothing one chooses for the sangeet is one of the best in the trousseau, second to the wedding outfit. But unlike the wedding outfit, one can experiment here with numerous designs and styles. The bride may choose to wear a dress rather than a saree or lehenga, and even if she is wearing a lehenga she can go with any cut, color or design. The groom and other men may wear Indo-western attires or Kurta Pajamas.
- You can make the sangeet ceremony extra special by extending invites only to close relatives and friends who are actually close to you.
- If you are thinking about how to start mehendi function in between the sangeet, you can plan some fascinating and fun games associated with the wedding to enjoy laughter and lighter moments.
- Search for mehendi artists who not only apply wonderful mehendi on the hands and legs of the bride but are also available for friends and relatives applying mehendi on their hands at a very economical cost.
- Keep the menu straightforward and add a lot of kebabs and chaats to make it interesting. Finger foods go flawlessly well for such ceremonies.
- For sangeet ceremony, plan something unique. Parents and relatives can arrange a short skit where they can show the growing up of their kids to the day they have selected their partners and get married.
- You can have a groom and bride dance performances with each side challenging the other. It is sure to bring a lot of excitement and fun for the ceremony.
- Hire a professional photographer so that you have a lot of memories of this magnificent day to be cherished forever.
When choosing the sangeet venues in Gurgaon, keep in mind the convenience of your as well as your partner’s families and friends. Make sufficient arrangements for the drinks, appetisers, and dinner. There should be plenty of space for the dance performances as well.
Remember that the grand and entertaining affair must come to an end at a given time. The sangeet should not be more than an hour or 90 minutes at max. After that, people start getting uninterested.